Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH Introducing VSH Advanced

Post New Thread Reply   

nergal
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2014 , 20:02   Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #1

Hey everybody, during my offtime from school, I decided that VSH and FF2 both suck.

VSH is too restricted with boss-modifications and FF2 is too god-damn clunky; because of those reasons, I decided to make a more optimized version of VSH that is meant to replace VSH AND FF2 with a better and more customizable alternative.

I will also blatantly say that this rewrite was meant to cast off VSH and FF2 into oblivion, one plugin to rule them all >=3

The primary design I had in mind with the rewrite is that Bosses, instead of using KV Configs + subplugins giving the bosses abilities, the Bosses and their respective abilities would all be in one plugin.

This design would allow simple drag-and-drop bosses into the boss folder and they're ready to play instead of fiddling around with KV configs and other crap....

The final product was to include multitudes of ConVars as well as Natives and Forwards, but alas school is really kicking my ass...

Hopefully, someone here will want to take over the development and get it all working, I already did 80-90% of the work but there's still stuff left to do. All of the syntax is in the new transitional one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip VSH-Advanced.zip (26.9 KB, 327 views)

Last edited by nergal; 11-10-2014 at 20:31. Reason: yes
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2014 , 20:17   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #2

Without looking at any of the source code or anything:
How customizable is this compared to FF2? Are you saying that the bosses are contained in individual subplugins, so it's basically a balance between VSH and FF2?

Hopefully this will *actually* replace VSH (and/or FF2), like FF2 was supposed to...
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2014 , 20:26   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wliu View Post
Without looking at any of the source code or anything:
How customizable is this compared to FF2? Are you saying that the bosses are contained in individual subplugins, so it's basically a balance between VSH and FF2?

Hopefully this will *actually* replace VSH (and/or FF2), like FF2 was supposed to...
EVERYTHING about the Boss is to be contained in their own respective subplugins.

The overall purpose of the design to make it extremely easy to develop bosses and simply "plugin-n-play"

It's customizable in the sense that you can freely make nearly any ability and mechanic for bosses compared to FF2.

This plugin is the balance between VSH's restrictiveness and FF2's clunkiness.

Last edited by nergal; 11-10-2014 at 20:29.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2014 , 20:32   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #4

Which super jump physics didyer use
Old 11-10-2014 , 20:35   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
Which super jump physics didyer use
none , put it in the boss subplugin yourself using the OnBossTimer forward :>

Last edited by nergal; 11-10-2014 at 20:35.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2014 , 22:40   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #6

Is this made from VSH 1.50 or 1.49 or?

I notice some outdated stuff but that might be from 1.51 that I haven't released yet.

I think I'll be switching to this or maintaining both separately or something, since this requires SM1.7

When some of my other projects die down I think I'll work on recreating the default VSH bosses for this (lol)

Last edited by Chdata; 11-10-2014 at 22:47.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 11-11-2014 , 06:07   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
Is this made from VSH 1.50 or 1.49 or?

I notice some outdated stuff but that might be from 1.51 that I haven't released yet.

I think I'll be switching to this or maintaining both separately or something, since this requires SM1.7

When some of my other projects die down I think I'll work on recreating the default VSH bosses for this (lol)
This is made with some code from VSH 1.5 and FF2. It shouldn't be difficult, at all, to recreate the VSH Bosses. Just copy their ability codes from old VSH and implement them in the necessary forwards.
Old 11-11-2014 , 06:53   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #8

BTW, the OnBossSelect forward in the SelectBoss function needs to be fully created, I missed that somehow.

As for the TimerBossStart function, move "CreateTimer(0.2, ClientTimer, _, TIMER_REPEAT|TIMER_FLAG_NO_MAPCHANGE);" and the "CreateTimer(0.2, BossTimer, _, TIMER_REPEAT|TIMER_FLAG_NO_MAPCHANGE);" outside of the player loops so the plugin won't 'loop-create' it...

I missed those somehow lol, I would've caught them during testing though.

Last edited by nergal; 11-11-2014 at 06:54.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-11-2014 , 11:35   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #9

Whoops, I just realized I never did look at the code you sent me and get back to you about it. Sorry.
Veteran Member
Old 11-11-2014 , 14:05   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Whoops, I just realized I never did look at the code you sent me and get back to you about it. Sorry.